Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Left's Fundamental Dishonesty

I've commented on the lack of "divine soul" on the left recently, for example, when writing about the radical demonization campaigns against Tim Russert and Jesse Helms.

One aspect found among many left-wing activists and commentators is a blatant disregard for the ideals of truth and fair play. It turns out that Daily Kos is applauding the underhanded tactics of Code Pink operatives in forging fake press passes to gain access to President Bush's 4th of July citizenship ceremony:

Code Pink Dishonesty at Kos

Here's how the Kos author describes his collaboration with Medea Benjamin, a Code Pink co-founder:

Early this morning I found an unusual email from Medea Benjamin waiting for me in my inbox. It seems that last week when she was arrested in Florida, they confiscated her Global Exchange press pass, and could I make her another one?

Ever since I figured out how to duplicate Medea's press pass for other members of
CodePink, I have been doing so with her blessing.
A look at the Global Exchange website reveals the group as a progressive action lobbying organization, not a news media outlet. That's probably close enough to "journalism" for the postmodern nihilists in our midst.

Hat Tip:
LGF

0 comments: