Sunday, July 6, 2008

Truly, Madly, Deeply in Love With America

In case you missed it, here's Villainous Company's paean to America:

Photobucket


I have a confession to make. I am truly, madly, deeply in love with America.

I love my country not because she is perfect, but because she wants so badly to be. I even love her faults, even
the kind of obsessive navel gazing angst that mistakes fallible humans and imperfect realization of our ideals for evidence of pervasive moral rot and in so doing, makes conscience the scourge that would make moral cowards of us all...
Also recommended, Sundries Shack:
When I look back at our 232 years, when I see where we started and how far we’ve come and what we’ve accomplished as a people, do I really need to tell you why I’m proud?
Yes, unfortunately, as it seems like the greatness of America's getting lost in an alternative history.

Here's to wishing all of my readers a wonderful summer.

Photo Credit:
Ridgecrest Blog

0 comments: