Saturday, May 2, 2009

Teacher Scolds Student for Reading Fox News Webpage

Check this out, from Rush Limbaugh: "Teacher Scolds Student for Reading Fox News Webpage":
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Mitchell, 18 years old, Traverse City, Michigan. Hello, and welcome to the Rush Limbaugh program. Hi.

CALLER: Hey, how are you doing?

RUSH: Good.

CALLER: I was just calling to talk to you. I'm a senior in high school and today I was on the Internet reading Fox News, and my teacher came up behind me and found out I was reading Fox News and yelled at me in front of the whole class and said I was not allowed to read Fox News in class, that I'm only allowed to read BBC and stuff of that nature.

RUSH: Wait a second. I want to get a picture here. You've got your computer on in class. You're legally allowed to have the computer on in class?

CALLER: Yes. There's a whole bunch of computers in the classroom. It's a computer classroom and I'm sitting there, and he comes up behind me and I'm reading Fox News.

RUSH: What is the class? Is it computer science? What is the class?

CALLER: It's a video production class, and I'm already done with the video I was producing, so...

RUSH: So you're reading Fox News, the teacher comes up and spots that, says, "You can't read that!" in front of the whole class?

CALLER: In front of the whole class. And then he proceeded to give me a ten-minute lecture on why I can't read Fox News.

RUSH: Summarize it in 30 seconds.

CALLER: Something like they actually know that they have, you know, conservative views they're trying to push on me and all these different things that there are speaking points that they tell their reporters to report on to get me to believe certain ways and that I can only listen to BBC and other news venues.

RUSH: Did your teacher say anything about me?

CALLER: No, but I pulled up the Rush Limbaugh page directly after that, just to tick him off some more, but he walked away because he was so mad at me before I could show him.

RUSH: Well, you must try. That's great. Now, this is fabulous. That's guts! That's courage! Tell him he can't listen to Fox, pulls up my website. Do it again with the teacher behind you. Be defiant there. Because we lie. We lie. We're "spreading propaganda." It's scary. It is really scary to find out just how ignorant and stupid so many American teachers in this country are. They're just activists. They're nothing more than activists. They're not teachers at all.

END TRANSCRIPT
Score another one for the "there's no left-wing indoctrination in the schools" proponents!

5 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

Dr.D,
I wonder if I'm the only one in the teaching profession that tells students to look at both sides of the issues and then make your decision based on what you have found.

There are many times I want to scream out when students make ill-advised statements. I hold my tongue and let them discover on their own. I think that's what we do, no?

AmPowerBlog said...

Actually, Law and Order Teacher, there are a few of us still out there, but man it's an uphill battle sometimes.

Tomas said...

I don't think it has anything to do with the "pseudo-conservative" of the Fox news Network, but more to do with the over all pathetic pre-school quality of their so called "news" that makes it worthy of prohibition in academia.

As usual, you are entitled to hold Tea-bag parties protesting these teachers who want to uphold a certain amount of "intellect" in the sphere of academia, regardless of political stripe.

People like Rush Limbaugh are pretty much relegated to laughing stock ass clown status in Canadian media amongst both conservatives and adherants to other political entities.

Gives you an idea of how low the American media has become.

It boggles the mind that in a country full of the best and brightest schools of higher learning, America is represented in media, by personalities (...or anti-personalities), like Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Bill O'rielly)......three Einsteins of political-journalism.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Wow, Thomas all that text and no real point!

Try rereading the post and get back to us. It's not so much if Rush is an intellectual heavyweight but that he knew that if Fox News would make the teacher mad then Rush would send that teacher through the roof.

And I find it amusing that you only picked out the right side of the spectrum for your so called point. I would have given you credit if you had included the desk jockeys from MSNBC et al in your reply then you would have shown some balance in your criticism, but you were probably still chuckling about tea bagging while wasting server space with that asinine reply.


L&O, I also try to get kids to see both sides, although that usually means giving them the conservative view.

i said...

ok, i just want everyone to know i go to this school. you dont have to believe me, i really dont care. i was not ever in the class with him though, although, i know mitch and he is ridiculously conservative, as well as UNINFORMED about the opposite viewpoint. what the teacher told mitch to do was find an alternative source for his information since fox is soooo biased. there are also 6 or 7 kids who were in the class and said the wqhole "lecture" thing never happened, by the way. oh yea and his phone number is 231-944-2756 incase anyone was wondering