Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Charles Krauthammer Accepts Eric Breindel Award

From the New York Post, Charles Krauthammer, accepting the 2009 Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in Opinion Journalism: "How Fox News Opened America":

When I left psychiatry to start writing, I did so not out of any regret for the seven years I had spent in medicine - years that I treasure for deepening and broadening my sensibilities - but because I felt history happening outside the examining-room door.

That history was being shaped by a war of ideas and I wanted to be in the arena. Not for its own sake. I enjoy intellectual combat, but I don't live for it. I wanted to be in the arena because some things matter, some things need to be said, some things need to be defended.
That little snippet tells a little about why I blog myself. But I'm no match for Charles Krauthammer's intellect.

Read the whole thing,
here. Krauthammer speaks truth to power.

0 comments: