Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's So funny 'Bout Peace Love and Understanding?

I haven't dropped off the face of the blogging world. I watched the Frontline "Obama's War" documentary last night, and this morning I had a meeting with my youngest son's new teacher. And it's been a full day teaching since then. In any case, I've been listening to a new radio station, 100.3fm The Sound. Their playlist is eclectic. This morning, for the first time in years, I heard Yes, "Roundabout." Next up came Elvis Costello, " (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding." It's political mush, but great sounds neverthless.

I'll be posting more on Afghanistan either tonight or tomorrow. I really recommend the Frontline program, and I'll have some things to say about that.

Also, comment moderation is enabled. If readers have checked some of the comments today, I've got some crazed attack blogger spamming American Power. Not sure
if this is satire yet, but readers can give me their take in the comments. And sorry in advance if there's a delay in getting them approved.

Meanwhile, check out my good friend Anton at PA Pundits International for some political blogging, and stop off and say a good word at Obi's Sister if you have a moment more.

Oh yeah, Theo Spark's got the totties if you're in the mood for that (and who isn't?).

3 comments:

LFC said...

I haven't been around here in a while for various reasons. So I'm pleasantly surprised to find we agree that the Frontline program is good. We probably draw different conclusions from it, however. (My reaction can be found at my blog.)

Dave said...

I got knocked off line for four days, and am having all kinds of issues with my replacement CPU.

Still can't view vids in FF, and am having all kinds of problems with Blogger - although I did manage to post this:

http://davesnotepad.blogspot.com/2009/10/self-explanatory.html

LOL-Figures that would be the one thing that actually worked.

-Dave

kreiz1 said...

Great song, Donald, nice. I'm a johnny-come-lately Costello fan. It's only been recently that I've learned to appreciate his enormous talent, thanks to a music talk show that he hosts on the Sundance channel. Somehow, I missed him all those years ago. Love his voice and phrasing.