Monday, February 1, 2010

Woman Claims Sexual Assault on Disneyland's 'Tower of Terror'

My wife and I took our oldest boy to Disneyland shortly after Tower of Terror opened in 2004. It's a pretty intense ride, and frankly I doubt I'd be looking to cop a feel to the guests next to me. But it looks like Christina Esquivel's got the evidence to support her allegations that she was criminally groped during the ride. See, "Woman Allegedly Groped on Disney Park Ride":



A woman says a visit to Disneyland with her daughter turned into a nightmare while aboard one of the rides because of what another park guest did. A man and his friend are wanted for questioning as police investigate whether the woman was a victim of sexual battery.

Christina Esquivel looks at a photo of the man she alleges sexually assaulted her with her 12-year-old daughter Alexus right next to her while riding the Tower of Terror at Disney's California Adventure Park last Friday afternoon.

"The lights go out, and you drop, and when the lights went out is when he grabbed my left breast," said Esquivel. "I grabbed his hand and tried to shove him off of me. I didn't know what to think at the time -- just shock."

The photo was shot during the ride, then later sold to customers. The picture was taken just seconds after the alleged incident. The photo shows Esquivel looking at the unidentified man. She says he then reached across and said he was sorry.

"My mom kind of leaned over to me and tried to get away from him as much as possible," said Alexus, Christina's daughter. "And she told me, 'That guy just grabbed my boob.'"

Christina, 31, alleges the man's friend, who was seated behind him, cheered.

"After the guy grabbed me, his friend behind him was laughing and clapping," said Christina.
What do you think? A case for Gloria Allred?

4 comments:

richard mcenroe said...

This is nothing unusual for that ride, sadly.

A couple of years back, Disney had to shut down several websites that specialized in posting shots of sexual molestation, flashing, etc., on that ride, taken by the souvenir cameras. I believe the sites may have been run or supplied by Disney employees.

Opus #6 said...

This guy belongs on the sex offenders registry. He has no business doing what he did.

Opus #6 said...

I added you to my blogroll, by the way.

Rusty Walker said...

Disgusting! Maybe someone will recognize them from the news report. If this happened to my wife or daughters, I'd be on a mission to find these low-lifes. There is definitely a case.

Disney needs to post plain clothes correctional officers around that are available via cell phone. Safer rides, boosts California unemployment.