Friday, April 2, 2010

'Father, Into Your Hands I Commend My Spirit'

I just finished "Passion of the Christ."

From
Luke 23:46, "'And speaking in a loud voice, Jesus said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit'. Having said this, he breathed His last breath."

Photobucket

And the image, from Wikipedia, "Cross-section diagram of the location of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem, in relation to the site believed to be Golgotha."

And from this morning, with video from "The Passion," "
Thousands of Christian Pilgrims Flock to Jerusalem for Good Friday."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jesus died for his own sins, not mine

Tim said...

Nice Donald. Fiction like this always reminds me how many children have been raped by the Catholic church in the presence of an ordained priest. And the perpetrators have been given solace, relocated to safe havens, and escaped any punishment.

I might have missed it, but just curious what your posts said about all this. Because I know you are a fighter of evil everywhere.

Anonymous said...

jesus died for his own sins, not mine

Always nice to see the haters out. What will you be offering to God's justice in place of yourself? A chicken perhaps?

Fiction like this always reminds me how many children have been raped by the Catholic church in the presence of an ordained priest.

Seek medical help.

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, Tim...

Fiction like this always reminds me how many children have been raped by the Catholic church in the presence of an ordained priest.

... if "the Catholic Church" (i.e. all of it) is guilty for what some Catholics did, can "the Jewish synagogue" (i.e. all of it) be blamed for what some Jews did on Good Friday? And how about "the atheist movement" - can they be blamed for the death toll of Stalin, Mao, etc? Just askin'. Because I know you are an opponent of hypocrisy everywhere.