Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Year in Tea Parties @ 'American Power'

I had no idea, but April 15, 2009, would mark a radical turning point in my personal and political development. For one thing, I'd never photo-blogged before, and now I love it. I became a citizen-journalist after Tax Day 2009, not just an opinion blogger. It's been empowering. And that's important for the second change in my life. After last April I went from being largely resigned to the Democrats in power for the next two years, to being extremely active in helping to remove the radicals from office. I also went from being a little depressed, frankly, to feeling much better about myself and my life. And I quit drinking a couple of days after April 15th last year. (Not totally. I've had beers on my birthday, Christmas, and a recent family reunion, but that's it -- and I've lost over ten pounds in that 12 months!)

In any case, with the exception my mug shot here, the rest of the photos are here for the first time, from last year's "Orange County Tax Day Tea Party":

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The anti-tax theme was to give way to the healthcare protests shortly after Tax Day. I went on to cover events in Pasadena, Alhambra, Orange County Airport ("Patriots Against Pelosi"), Laguna Hills, and Temecula, to name just a handful.

I'll have a report tonight or tomorrow of today's tea party rallies. Meanwhile, check
Gateway Pundit, Glenn Reynolds, Michelle Malkin, and Robert Stacy McCain.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting day for a Tea Party (tax day); the majority of American's taxes went DOWN this year and anyone with any form of investment in Wall Street (retirement, 401, even house) found themselves rebounding from Bush's dead boulevard.

But oh, don't confuse them with facts!!

Skye said...

Speaking of taxes..Obamacare is stuffed with them:

The hodgepodge of new taxes that have already or will soon take effect as a result of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act may not all show up in the income tax tables, but their huge cost is still very real. This cost will become most apparent in lost wages and international competitiveness, and it reduces middle- and low-income families' wages just as surely as an income tax hike would. These taxes break President Barack Obama's promise not to raise taxes on families making less than $250,000 per year.

FYI: My taxes went up this year.

Grizzly Mama said...

Our taxes were higher this go-round too, Skye. I don't know WHAT anonymous is going on about.

Donald - here is a report from Philadelphia:

Grizzly Mama's big day in the big city.

science fiction writer said...

Reducing withholding does not constitute a tax cut. America's taxes declined, because the stimulus package failed to add jobs.