Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Laguna Beach Trip — Glorious SoCal Weather, Finally!

Okay, friends ... a quick top-shot of me at BJ's pizzeria on PCH in Laguna Beach.

I've been
whining about the weather, so I might was well write about it since I'm finally fired up for summer!

Photobucket

I took my youngest son. We found a parking spot about a half-mile up Park Street in downtown Laguna Beach. After putting on sunscreen, we gathered up all of our stuff (newspapers, toys, etc.) and rumbled down the lane (walked down actually, but rumbled sounds more ... more like something awesome!):

Photobucket

My son stopped to dwell at St. Mary's Episcopal Church. He had questions, so we stopped to talk about faith for a second:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Almost down to the restaurant. A group of young ladies enjoying ice cream nearby:

Photobucket

And here's PCH at not-quite peak (weekday) July summer tourist season (compared to last January, remember? ...):

Photobucket

We made it to BJ's. I ordered a Piranha Pale Ale. I've been visiting this restaurant for 30 years, and this is the first time we've had this window seat — that was kinda cool! ...:

Laguna Beach Trip

Meanwhile, my son, after a bit of coloring, set up his Iron Man toys in full fighting mode:

Photobucket

In he background, I'm catching up with the dead-tree media while waiting for our order:

Photobucket

My son doesn't enjoy a bunch of toppings, so it's just a straight deep-dish pizza with tomatoes. Your server will dish up the first serving (although you're responsible for cleaning up those hot cheese strings):

Laguna Beach Trip

A nice family from Arizona (I'm guessing, given the D-Backs t-shirt) waiting outside to be seated. Mom was hovering around nearby with a sibling:

Photobucket

Now we're over at the main beach. What a day!

Photobucket

The view looking south:

Photobucket

A group of junior lifeguards cruised by ... not sure if this was a tryout day or not, but they were young:

Photobucket

That's all for now.

8 comments:

Libby said...

Donald, this looks like picture-perfect California vacation day! i'm so freakin jealous!! (being in ohio...you understand...)
and my exhusband just told me someone recommended that book to him! however, he's not a book reader, so he passed the recommendation on to me..

RTLM said...

Ah - yes.

Its been a damned socked in 67 degree high for WEEKS. Monday, July 12th was the first day of summer.

We call it an extended, "June Gloom".

Cheers!

Opus #6 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Dennis said...

Donald,
You seem to have a good balance in your life. Always remember what are the important things in life, which you seem to have together, like your family, time to rest and relax, et al.
One who gets too involved in things tends to not see what is important and fail to see the beauty around them. There is much to enjoy. Keep up the good work.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Libby. It really was a great day!

AmPowerBlog said...

RTLM ... extended ... glad it's seems to be finally over. Thanks for commenting.

AmPowerBlog said...

Opus: I love hangin' with my boys, and basically, that's mostly what I'm doin' when not teaching or blogging!

AmPowerBlog said...

Dennis: Thanks for all of your great comments recently. I actually need to get out more often, but it's a crime not to enjoy it when the weather's this nice.