Tuesday, October 12, 2010

'Teaching is the most intellectually stimulating thing that I've ever done. There is no other job that is as difficult or interesting'

"To Miss With Love"?

More on Katharine Birbalsingh, at
London's Telegraph:
Katharine Birbalsingh, deputy head of an inner-city secondary school, kept an online diary in which she recounted events involving unnamed pupils and colleagues.

In her blog, she describes in eloquent, despairing voice how schools suffer from high levels of disruption and underachievement – problems she claims are the fault of the system itself.

"I feel torn between the loyalty that I have to my school and the loyalty that I have to children in general," she says.

"Teaching is the most intellectually stimulating thing that I've ever done. There is no other job that is as difficult or interesting.

"But British education is not just broken it is fundamentally broken.

"I hope the public will read about this, remember it and insist on change. Because we are in desperate need for change."

Hat Tip: Carouser in the comments.

RELATED: "
The Political Persecution of Katharine Birbalsingh."

0 comments: