Sunday, December 19, 2010

E.D. Kain: Sleaze-Blogging Asshat Who Would Sell Your Ass Down the River for One Night With Andrew Sullivan

I've learned that Barrett Brown has ended his relationship with E.D. Kain at Ordinary Gentlemen. Charles Johnson at LGF too, about which you can hear at the clip. I had an e-mail exchange with Barrett a couple of weeks ago and told him the truth about both E.D. and C.J. Barrett wasn't having problems then, so it was mostly academic. Now though things have gotten rather nasty. I hate to say I told you so ...

I should have more on this later, but check E.D.'s comment at the entry, "All Apologies":
I’m going to research ways to better protect commenter privacy, including implementing a new commenting software altogether such as Disqus.
And at the thread, the responses from a couple regulars a bit futher down:

Mike at The Big Stick December 18, 2010 at 6:29 am

About 3 years ago I was involved with a politics chatboard and got on the bad side of the board owner. Since I was occasionally posting from work (come on guys – we all do it) he used my IP address to tell the whole board where I worked and threatened to call my company if i ever posted on his board again. This completely FREAKED ME OUT. The fact that I still post on other people’s sites clearly demonstrate some kind of danger fetish on my part but I think it’s reasonable that we should all be able to expect as much anonymity as we desire.

From reading through his comments on that other thread i don’t think Barret has a clue how wrong his actions were. Sorry to see such a low moment in League history and happy to see it (hopefully) put to rest.

*****
Mike Schilling December 18, 2010 at 11:05 am

This completely FREAKED ME OUT.

Too bad comments can’t have bits in flashing red 40-point type, because I’d need that to express how much it would have freaked me out.

Actually, it's not all that interesting beyond E.D. Kain's bullsh*t moral sweetness, a morality only in effect when the safety of his own blog commenters is on the line.

This guy personifies utter moral bankruptcy. I don't comment at Ordinary Gentlemen, but I'd be glad to provide Barrett Brown with background information on E.D., perhaps material that might go in a big piece at Vanity Fair. The guy's an ugly piece of progressive refuse and his reputation needs to be spread far and wide.

A Google search pulls up my entries: "e.d. kain workplace intimidation." And see especially, "E.D. Kain Alleges Defamation: True/Slant Blogger's Workplace Intimidation Attempts to Shut Down American Power!"

Added: At Diary of Daedalus, "Barret Brown Discusses Chuck."

0 comments: