Saturday, December 4, 2010

Etnies Skate Park of Lake Forest

I took my youngest son to Etnies Skatepark today. It was his very first time at a skatepark. He's been playing Tony Hawk games on Wii --- and while that's not new, he's also been watching Zeke and Luther on Disney XD. So the combination's implanted skateboarding in the brain. Thus I thought I'd take him out to see how he could do. And not bad for his first time. He took a little spill down one of the smaller bowls. You can see the park's layout at the top clip. There's a $5.00 sign-up fee and parent's sign a liability waiver, and that's it. After that it's free. I signed up too, but I need to buy some gear. I haven't done any serious skateboarding in years. But I'm gonna go for it again. You're only young once. At the second clip below is Ryan Sheckler, who's featured in some of the Wii Tony Hawk games my kid plays. And at bottom is Christian Hosoi and Eddie Reatigui, dudes I used to skate with back in the day:

0 comments: