Saturday, January 1, 2011

American Power in 2011

I almost forgot to post my annual New Year's Day report. Last year's is here. Not too much to add except that I'm actually going through the process of mortgage modification, and I don't know the outcome yet. There's a chance my family might have to move out of this house and start over. But at this point I'm fine with whatever happens. If you follow the link above that'll take you to my 2009 New Year's Day report, where I discussed my family's financial situation at that time. I had a lot of anxiety back then. Now not so much. Let it ride, I guess.

In other news: I've started writing a book. I'll update as I make more progress, but it'll be a semi-autobiographical analysis of ideological change in American politics, with special attention to trends in resurgent anarcho- and neo-communism on the progressive left. And blogging will continue, as always. I wrote 3,384 entries in 2010. I don't know if I'll keep up that pace, but there'll be lots of hot commentary and analysis in the months ahead.

3 comments:

Norm said...

Donald,
We wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy new year. Stay on top of the loan modification process. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets oiled, if the lender is taking too long or delays get loud.

Warm regards,
Norm

Bohemian said...

Happy New Year Prof. Douglas. Here's hoping that the loan mod works out for you and your family! Also, good luck with the book. Be sure to let us know of your progress (of course, I mean progress in a good way ;-).

Dave said...

Dr. D,

Have a really great New Year, and good luck with the loan modification and the book, as that can be really tricky.

LOL - So can the loan mod. :-^)

-Dave