Saturday, October 8, 2011

Al Davis, 1929 – 2011

At New York Times, "Al Davis, the Controversial and Combative Raiders Owner, Dies at 82."

Allen Davis was born in Brockton, Mass., on July 4, 1929, and he grew up in Brooklyn, where his father, Louis, was a successful businessman. In interviews he often spoke of learning toughness on the city streets, but he came from a relatively affluent home and at least once confessed to a reporter: “I don’t want this in the story. I wish you wouldn’t print it. You follow me? But when I got out of public school, I won the American Legion medal for all-around kid.”
RTWT.

Davis was a fascinating man, and I've always had a soft spot for the Raiders, back in 2002, for example.

1 comments:

commoncents said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm glad to have found your blog!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com