Friday, January 20, 2012

Dan Riehl Endorses Newt Gingrich for the Republican Nomination

See: "Why I'm Backing Newt Gingrich."

Dan's feisty:

We're in a fight to save what remains of the vision we have of America as conservatives. Whatever he's done, or not done, we can tell that Gingrich appreciates that particular vision. He is also showing himself to be an effective fighter. However he got there - the people that have voted decided it, not me - that's where he is. And he's demonstrating a willingness to fight for conservatism, but some of you bad-asses are afraid to fight for and with him?

The hell with you, punch your ticket and scurry to the back of the GOP's big government line like the losers that you actually are. I went into 2012 looking for a fight for the right reasons and the right cause - and as it stands today, there's only one guy left standing who looks anything like close to suitable to mix it up on our and conservativism's behalf. And, dammit, I'm going to fight with him, not run away like a coward because I want to look politically correct, or smart.

We'd still be a British colony if we had to rely upon what passes for a Republican and too damned many conservatives today, we're they around in 1776. Tremendous risks were undertaken to found absolutely the free-est, most glorious nation on Earth we call home. But you can't risk taking a chance on a former Speaker of the House to simply make a beginning on trying to turn it around?

Hell, you may as well tear up your passports and citizenship papers, too - you don't look like half of what I always thought a traditional American was. You're just another loser willing to turn the other cheek as big government smacks you around, because it's the easy and oh so smart thing to do.
But RTWT.

1 comments:

SusanL said...

Dan,

Never in a million years did I ever think that I would be enthusiastically supporting Newt Gingrich for President, but here I am. I sent him a contribution today. He was magnificent in that debate last night.

I wonder if this is what all those "anybody but Sarah" folks had in mind. I guess the saying is true: "you should be careful what you wish for". :)