Friday, August 17, 2012

The Media's Strangely Subdued Reporting on Family Research Council Shooter

From Jill Stanek, at NewsBusters:
I was camping yesterday morning when a friend alerted me via Twitter on my iPhone there had been a shooting at Family Research Council headquarters in Washington, D.C.

Frightened for my friends, I began scanning Google for news reports. Ten minutes later the first story popped up, stating an FRC security guard had been shot in the arm, and the shooter had been arrested.

A bit relieved, I went ahead with a planned day trip, tuning in to news radio in the truck to keep up with the latest. Nada.

I switched to WLS radio, the Chicago ABC affiliate. More nada.

I thought to myself had this been a shooting at a NARAL or GLAAD headquarters, or at a Planned Parenthood clinic, the journalistic world would have stopped. But because FRC is conservative, a shooting wasn’t so big a deal.
Continue reading.

No one was killed, so that explains a lot of it. But as I noted yesterday, had it been HRC rather than FRC, well, you know... See: "CNN Waited 2 Hours and 45 Minutes to Report Shooting at Family Research Council."

0 comments: