Eight days into this Ohio road trip, I’m sick of all these experts who issue their pronouncements from the comfort of their living rooms without ever having set foot in a swing state, pundits whose idea of a “road trip” is blogging from their neighborhood Starbucks.Read it all at the link. Plus, "Wild-Ass Scenarios? Chill."
To hell with Nate Silver, and to hell with all the rest of them, these stationary buddhas of political prognostication, journalistic intellectuals who consider mere reporting to be beneath their dignity. You won’t find any graduates of the Kennedy School of Government sleeping on the floors of motel rooms and eating crappy breakfast food from the nearest convenience store. But I digress .
I'm not for the "wild-ass" prediction scenarios either, although it's grim reaper time for Nate Silver if Obama fails to meet the "wild-ass" 538 "math-based" projections. The wonder boy's got Obama pegged at an 87 percent chance of wining? Sheesh. Talk about progressive dreams. The left is going to be all shot to hell if Romney wins.
And don't miss Colby Cosh at Macleans, "Tarnished Silver: Colby Cosh assesses the new king of stats." (The bottom line: Silver's lucky.)
* "Romney's Internal Polling Shows GOP Up in Ohio, Tied in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin."
* "Don't Be Surprised When Obama Loses."
* "Nate Silver Bets $2,000 on Obama's Reelection, Provokes Public Editor's Ire."
* "Nate Silver Fast on His Way to One-Term Celebrity."
* "Akron Beacon Poll Finds Ohio Dead Heat at 49-49 — Presidential Race Tighter Than Obama's A**hole in a Prison Shower."
* "Nate Silver: Voice of the New Castrati."
* "If Bias Doesn't Matter Why Would Bill Maher Host Nate Silver on 'Real Time'?"
* "Oh My! Romney Back Up to 51 Percent in Gallup's Daily Tracking — Nate Silver Hardest Hit!"
* "'Grand Swami' Nate Silver Boosts O's Chances to 71.0% in Electoral College!"
* "Obama Crashing in Ohio; or, For the Love of Mercy, Leave Nate Silver Alone!"
* "Nate Silver Calls It: Advantage Obama!"
* "Nate Silver's Flawed Model."
* "Boom! Romney Back Up 52-45 in Gallup's Daily Tracking of Likely Voters."
* "ABC News Touts Nate Silver's Prediction That Obama's Handicapped at 68 Percent Chance to Win!"
* "'It's becoming increasingly obvious that Silver can't be taken seriously...'"
* "Nate Silver Blows Gasket as Gallup Shows Romney Pulling Away in the Presidential Horse Race."
Check back tonight for the final 2012 Nate Silver polling update!