And for some linkage, in no particular order:
* Black Five, "MEMORIAL DAY."
* Fox News, "Americans gather to honor fallen service members on Memorial Day."
* Leif Babin, at WSJ, "A Tradition of Sacrifice, From Yorktown to Ramadi."
* The Los Angeles Times, "CALIFORNIA'S WAR DEAD."
* Walter Russell Mead, "A Day of Dedication."
* Ralph Kinney Bennett, at the American, "Fallen Heroes, Never Forgotten."
* "Sebastian Junger, at the Washington Post, "Sharing the Moral Burden of War."
* Wall Street Journal, "Memorial Day."