Thursday, November 28, 2013

How to Spend Thanksgiving Alone

I don't think I've ever spent Thanksgiving alone, although there've been times I was lonely.

I worked construction the day after Thanksgiving one year. My boss made me do drywall sanding and preparation. I don't think anyone else was on the job, but he had me out there doing prep. That's when I had my own apartment, and my mom was remarried. I wasn't going to my dad's in Fresno. I was lonely sometimes back then.

I'm not so lonely these days, which is good.

In any case, at GQ, "The GQ Guide to Spending Thanksgiving Alone":
Can't afford a plane ticket home this year? Busy working? Parents dead? FEAR NOT. Just because you're cocooned in debilitating isolation this Turkey Day doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself. Here's how to make the most of every single solitary hour.
Read it at the link.

0 comments: