Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Not All Publicity is Good Publicity

From Carol Roth, at CNBC:

The idiocy of humans du jour comes courtesy of fashion retailer Urban Outfitters, which featured a $129 Kent State sweatshirt (no, the price is not the most outrageous part). The shirt appeared to be soaked in blood with elements resembling blood spatter, ostensibly referencing the 1970 school shooting at Kent State that killed four students and wounded nine.

I am all for pushing the envelope and being bold, and I have personally been known to be quite controversial in some of my statements. Furthermore, I don't like being politically correct and can see how humor defuses difficult situations. That being said, there is a line between being funny, ironic or hip and being in pure bad taste. Selling a massacre-throwback sweatshirt, in my opinion, clearly and transparently crosses that line...
Keep reading.

0 comments: