Saturday, October 15, 2016

Is Islam a Religion of Peace? Is It Compatible with Western Liberalism?

I've had far-left students in my classes, when taking about Islam, and its inherent violence, say, "What about Christianity"? And I always say back, "What about it? Where are the Christian holy warriors slaughtering innocent apostates around the world on a daily basis?" And then these students have nothing to say. I don't go on after that, since I'm their teacher and I want to respect differences of opinion, but it's very difficult in our culture to teach politically charged topics, because leftists students have been poisoned by radical left-wing intolerance and political correctness. I've even had groups of students revolt against my teaching, groups of leftist students who protested against my "conservative" syllabus. I make this an example of what's wrong with our culture today, and I point out to the students their own hypocrisy and closed-mindedness. Needless to say, I'm not popular with groups like that, but I get more praise from the other students when this happens than from just about anything else.

It's amazing.

In any case, here's Ayaan Hirsi Ali. And buy her book, Heretic: Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now.



0 comments: