Tuesday, October 4, 2016

'Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On'

Shake it, baby.

Jerry Lee Lewis turned 81 years-young last Thursday.

The Sound L.A. played "Whole Lotta Shakin'" during my morning drive time. In fact, I'd just pulled into my parking spot at the school. And then boom! On comes Jerry Lee's rockin' piano introduction. So great. It reminded me of my rockabilly days back in the early '80s, when bands like the Blasters and the Stray Cats were playing concerts in Hollywood. Good times.

Watch, ole' Jerry Lee, at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, April 2015. Scroll forward to about 3:20 for "Whole Lotta Shakin'...":

Back On the Chain Gang
Pretenders
6:58 AM

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Jerry Lee Lewis
6:55 AM

Here I Go Again
Whitesnake
6:37 AM

Doctor My Eyes
Jackson Browne
6:34 AM

Hurts So Good
John Mellencamp
6:30 AM

White Room
Cream
6:24 AM

Your Song
Elton John
6:20 AM

Jamming
Bob Marley & The Wailers
6:06 AM

Your Love
The Outfield
6:02 AM

0 comments: