It's a weird paradox, actually, but that's the world we live in.
Read this outstanding review of the scholarly literature on the Russian Revolution, from Sheila Fitzpatrick, at the London Review of Books, "What's Left?"
The ‘Russian Revolution' brand is in danger. https://t.co/3LKpfXexCJ— London Review (LRB) (@LRB) March 23, 2017
* China Miéville, October: The Story of the Russian Revolution.
* Mark D. Steinberg, The Russian Revolution, 1905-1921.
* S.A. Smith, Russia in Revolution: An Empire in Crisis, 1890 to 1928.
* Sean McMeekin, The Russian Revolution: A New History.
* Tony Brenton, Historically Inevitable?: Turning Points of the Russian Revolution.