Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rule 5 Rescue: Paulina Porizkova

I kept visiting over at Robert Stacy McCain's during CPAC weekend to see if he'd get the new installment of Rule 5 Sunday posted. McCain was obviously too busy schmoozing with the young conservative (and hot!) cognoscenti to pump out the next edition of Robert's Rules of Disorder.


The visits weren't wasted, in any case. One of McCain's Rule 5 updates featured a link to the page of the Badger Blog Alliance, which hosts a picture of IndyCar racer Danica Patrick and a link to her recent swimsuit gig with Sports Illustrated.

I'll tell you ... I still consider myself a pretty hip guy, but I'm out of the loop on
Sports Illustrated's annual extravaganza. I do take my time at the bookstore or supermarket when I see the latest edition, but I guess - being married and all - I don't get quite as excited at the latest releases of the scantily-clad supermodels frolicking in the waves for photo-spreads at far-flung tropical locations.

Back in the day, of course, I was a connoisseur of Paulina Porizkova's modeling - and you can see why above! It all started with Porizkova's first
Sports Illustrated cover feature in 1984. If a guy can be swept off his feet, well, that's me! She posed for the magazine's cover the following year as well, and she became a pop-culture phenomenon when she married Ric Ocasek of The Cars. In the mid-1990s, Porizkova reached something of a professional high-point when she became the face of Estée Lauder's prestige cosmetics line. Shortly after that I think she faded from the public spotlight a bit, but I'll never forget her - never, ever!

In any case, I'll have more Rule 5 reminiscing later, and be sure to check back here this weekend for the next "
full metal" edition.

5 comments:

JBW said...

I thought that young hottie looked like Porizkova; you went old school on my ass. I had a Czech girlfriend for a while a few years back. She was sexy as hell but also just as crazy. If you think American chicks are hard to figure out stay away from Eastern Europe. Thanks for the heads up, dude.

AmPowerBlog said...

I did go old shool, JBW!

shoprat said...

She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I also enjoyed her performance in the movie Her Alibi with Tom Selleck where she showed off her considerably gymnastics abilities.

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you had a piece on feminism. All I can find is half naked girls and you arguing with everyone. Is this the Jerry Sprinnger Blog?? :)

Alexander said...

Congratulations for making it into "No. 5s Gone Wild!" ...twice, BTW!

Found under:

Eva Longoria Parker Helps Test Rule No. 5