Monday, July 18, 2016

Melania Trump Accused of Plagiarizing Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech

This is really bizarre.

I watched Mrs. Trump's speech and thought it was just about perfect. Then, after Senator Joni Ernst spoke, I finished cleaning up the kitchen and flipped the channel over the the Angels-Rangers game on Fox Sports West. I'm on my iPhone of course, on the Twitter app, and in almost real time Mrs. Trump was being accused of plagiarizing Michelle Obama's speech from the 2008 Democrat Convention. I don't even think I watched Michelle Obama in 2008, much less Obama. But this dude on Twitter, Jerrett Hill, tweeted the evidence, along with video clips. And it looked damning. Now pretty much the entire MSM is on the case and the question is how bad will it be for the Trump campaign?

My theory is that Mrs. Trump is innocent of plagiarism and Donald Trump's going to be saying "You're fired!" to somebody pretty quick. But who's the speechwriter? We don't know yet, or at least I haven't seen anyone identified so far.

In any case, here's some stuff from Twitter:


0 comments: