And here's Secretary Clinton's statement:
CNN's Wolf Blitzer is updating regularly on the story. There's word that the White House is changing its tune on aid to France. And Jill Dougherty reported that we should expect "bad news" when the full number of casualties is reported. I'll have more as things develop.
* "Obama White House is Missing in Action in Mali."
* "Militants Seize U.S. Hostages at BP Plant in Algeria."
* "Islamists Holding Americans Hostage in Algeria."
* "Britain's Defense Chiefs Warn Against Escalation in Mali."
* "War in Mali: France Boldly Goes Where the U.S. Fears to Tread."
* "French Mission in Mali 'Is Not Without Risk'."
* "Behind France's Botched Hostage Rescue in Somalia."
* "French Hostage Crisis in Somalia."
* "French Pilot Killed in Mali Helicopter Raid."