Monday, November 4, 2013

Information Surge! — #MyHealthPlanDied

At Michelle Malkin's, "#MyHealthPlanDied – A national social media information surge":

Health Plan Died photo BYPmypICEAAIMJ5_zpsd9ad9efa.png
Over the weekend, I asked AFP activists in Illinois to join me in a national day of mourning and protest today along with millions of other Americans whose insurance plans have been canceled thanks to Obamacare’s top-down tyranny. The do-gooders continue to lie, mock, and smear those who are being forced onto the exchanges and who face massive sticker shock despite Pinocchiobama’s promise that they could keep their plans if they liked them and keep their doctors if they liked them.

Here’s what you can do to raise your voices:
1) Tweet a phot of your cancellation to @WhiteHouse and @MyCancellation 
2) Use #MyHealthPlanDied hashtag for all related tweets; and
3) Contact local media with your story.
My story: Obama lied, my health plan died.

In the WSJ today:
Everyone now is clamoring about Affordable Care Act winners and losers. I am one of the losers. My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange and lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to 50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits. Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans have uncovered nothing that compares well with my existing coverage. But the greatest source of frustration is Covered California, the state’s Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchange and, by some reports, one of the best such exchanges in the country. After four weeks of researching plans on the website, talking directly to government exchange counselors, insurance companies and medical providers, my insurance broker and I are as confused as ever. Time is running out and we still don’t have a clue how to best proceed.
After years of phony Obamacare fables, which the MSM swallowed whole, it’s time the media started reported the true horror stories of progressive wreckage.

The information surge is just beginning.
That's Hadley Heath at the photo. Here's her story, at the Washington Examiner, "For some, losing so-called bad apple health insurance plans will mean paying more for less."

0 comments: