Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Glenn Reynolds Protests Twitter's Targeting of Conservatives

He suspended his own account, because he's truly pissed off at Twitter's thought-police Orwellian totalitarianism. It's destructive and sickening.

At Instapundit, "TWITTER’S GONE CRAZY BANNING PEOPLE ON THE RIGHT, so I’ve deactivated my Twitter account."


And he writes in an update:
I’ve never liked Twitter even though I’ve used it. I was a late adopter, and with good reason. It’s the crystal meth of social media — addictive and destructive, yet simultaneously unsatisfying. When I’m off it I’m happier than when I’m on it. That it’s also being run by crappy SJW types who break their promises, to users, shareholders, and the government, of free speech is just the final reason. Why should I provide free content to people I don’t like, who hate me? I’m currently working on a book on social media, and I keep coming back to the point that Twitter is far and away the most socially destructive of the various platforms. So I decided to suspend them, as they are suspending others...
Previously: "Jessie Kelly Banned."

1 comments:

bart simpsonson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.