Saturday, June 1, 2019

'Stray Cat Strut'

I haven't posted the Stray Cats for six years. See, "'Storm the Embassy'."

And I was just thinking about it after hearing "Stray Cat Strut" at 93.1 Jack FM while out to the bank.


Rocket Man
Elton John
2:04pm

Seven Nation Army
The White Stripes
1:54pm

You Shook Me All Night Long
AC/DC
1:50pm

Words
Missing Persons
1:46pm

November Rain
Guns N' Roses
1:40pm

Sweet Dreams
EURYTHMICS
1:37pm

Fat Bottomed Girls
Queen
1:32pm

Something Just Like This
Coldplay / The Chainsmokers
1:22pm

Tom Sawyer
Rush
1:17pm

I Will Die 4 U / Baby You're A Star
Prince
1:11pm

Comedown
Bush
1:06pm

If You Leave
O M D
1:01pm

Iron Man
Black Sabbath
12:51pm

Stressed Out
Twenty One Pilots
12:48pm

The Waiting
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
12:44pm.
"Stray Cat Strut" came on just before Tom Petty, but I'm just now checking the website and the playlist.

I saw the band twice at the Roxy in Hollywood back in the day.

The Stray Cats are the only band I can ever remember that botched a song on stage and had to start over. Brian Setzer forgot the lyrics --- it was probably "Rock This Town," now that I think about it --- and drummer Slim Jim Phantom banged his snare drum --- twap, twap!! --- stopped and looked over at Setzer with a look saying, "WTF man" (plus an eye-roll lol).

0 comments: