Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dana Loesch Review of 'American Sniper': 'I felt completely inadequate and in awe of the sacrifice...'

I'd hoped to see the movie tomorrow, but my son needs my van for work. So, I'll be heading out Saturday morning first thing. I can't wait. And according to Dana, it's going to be a transformational experience.

See, "American Sniper: Movie Review And Self Reflection":
Last night I had the distinct pleasure of being invited to the Dallas, Texas premier of one of the rare movies that Hollywood gets right. "American Sniper” is based on the life of Chris Kyle, for those of you who don't know Chris was a Navy SEAL and is known as "Legend" throughout the military world for being the deadliest sniper in US history with over 160 confirmed kills. I predict that because of the truthful, ethical and real way the subject matter was treated that it won't win a single Hollywood award even though technically it is a superior film and Cooper's performance is magnificent. The film follows his life from before his days in the U.S. Navy, through his BUD/S training, meeting his wife Taya, his first deployment to the Middle East shortly after they were married and his time doing his job as a frogman sniper. If you have read the biography you already know much of the film but unless you are a combat veteran you will probably find some of the visceral realness of this movie to be challenging.

I will try not give away any spoilers here as to specific scenes in the film but I will tell you that the movie is not appropriate for children or young teens (I will revisit the review after it has been out a few weeks to discuss scenes and themes). I try not to shield my children from too much, I'd rather use the opportunity to teach them a little about the situations that arise in violent films as long as it is within reason. That being said, my children will not be seeing this film for some time. Unlike most war films, this film depicts a reality in situations that really puts you as close to the painful decisions that you can emotionally get without actually having to do the job. I am struggling to find the words to describe the adrenaline rushes and dumps that Clint Eastwood has perfectly captured and timed in this movie so I will tell you how I felt immediately afterwards.

I felt completely inadequate and in awe of the sacrifice...
Keep reading.

0 comments: