Friday, January 29, 2016

LATEST: Judge Stacie F. Beckerman Won't Release Bundy Defendants as Long as Malheur Siege Continues (VIDEO)

And the siege is continuing, alright.

Previously, "#Malheur: Last Four Militia Members Are 'Desperate', Heavily Armed — Won't Leave Without Guarantees," and "LATEST: Malheur Holdout David Fry Posts New Video; Refusing to Surrender, Demanding Pardon (VIDEO)."

And here the latest, at the Portland Oregonian, "Judge won't release Oregon standoff defendants as long as refuge occupation continues":

A federal judge made it clear Thursday that she won't release any of the alleged federal conspirators accused in the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge as long as the occupation is still active.

"So long as that situation is ongoing, I'm not going to release anybody from custody,'' U.S. Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman said during the first court appearance for three more people charged in the case.

The continued occupation only increases the defendants' danger to public safety and risk of flight, Beckerman said.

Her remarks in court followed a public statement a couple of hours earlier from jailed protest leader Ammon Bundy for the holdouts to go home. One of his attorneys read Bundy's statement outside the federal courthouse.

The latest federal complaint involved Jason Patrick, 43, of Bonaire, Georgia, Duane Leo Ehmer, 45, of Irrigon, and Dylan Anderson, 34, of Provo, Utah,, all arrested Wednesday by the FBI at checkpoints outside the refuge as they were leaving.

They're among 11 people charged so far with the federal offense of conspiracy to impede federal officers from their official duties through use of force, intimidation or threats.

After siege leaders were arrested Tuesday and occupation spokesman Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was fatally shot, the FBI and state police directed all remaining protesters at the bird sanctuary to leave, according to the complaint's affidavit.

Patrick, Ehmer and Anderson remained...
Still more.

Expect updates...