Friday, January 1, 2016

Trump's Not 'Disgusting' — What's Disgusting is for Leftists to Exploit New Year's to Smear GOP Frontrunner (VIDEO)

I was at the Rose Parade this morning.

It's the first time I've ever attended (after all these years, seriously), and I guarantee you the last thing I would've imagined is that I'd be writing this post after a long day of New Year's celebrations. Seems to me the Rose Parade should be relatively politics-free. Sure, it's an old-fashioned cowboy-themed marching-band shindig, but jeez, you think leftists might eschew freakin' skywriting aircraft to smear Donald Trump?

We'd been there for, I guess, about an hour, and all of a sudden all the folks next to me start "oohing" and "awing" while turning around, looking up at the sky. The sun was to our backs so I was basically blinded, but I see the planes skywriting "America is Great." My first thought, since the sun was lined up exactly behind the skywriting, was that the message read "Make America Great Again." But as I looked more closely, I see the planes continue skywriting, streaking the message "Trump is Disgusting" right after "America is Great." So, obviously, some idiot leftists thought they'd be cute and use the New Year's Day setting to score political points, attacking Donald Trump as a "fascist" and a "dictator." I kid you not.

Frankly, I was disgusted.

And I'll tell you, there were a lot of Latinos on the street, and it seemed to me the reception was mixed. Sure, a few people guffawed and hurrahed at the message, but for the most part folks turned back around toward Colorado Boulevard and tried to enjoy their family time amid the festivities. Really, isn't that what it's all about? For us all to be Americans together, for at least one non-partisan day out of the year?

I guess not. Because as soon as we got back to my buddy's house after Pasadena, and we put on KTLA 5 to watch the reruns of the parade, I checked Twitter and Tabitha Bliss was tweeting the big political story of the day, "Skywriters have message for Trump at Rose Parade."

I don't know who paid for the skywriters, but when I find out they're going to be hating life for the rest of this year, because I'm going to make it my business to delegitimize these losers if it's the last thing I do. (ADDED: If it turns out to be Marco Rubio backers, then well, I've really lost my appetite for the Cuban GOP senator from Florida. Talk about blowback.)

In any case, the Hill has the story, via Memeorandum, "Skywriting above Rose Parade: ‘Trump is disgusting’."



Again, I'm really disgusted at this. Bad timing. Bad politics. Bad blood.

0 comments: