Tuesday, October 11, 2011

From Incendiary Insight: 'Capitalism — The Hated Enemy of the Children of the West'

An amazing essay (via Instapundit):
At this moment, I'm sitting in my home and watching television. Typing this I'm using a Dell XPS laptop. Outside, I can see my swimming pool with moonlight reflecting off its shimmering surface. If you are reading this, you're also using a computer. The air conditioning turned on, and my refrigerator is running. Tomorrow, I'll shower, get in my car, and go to work. I'll head home around 5, exercise, and watch a movie with the family.

If I were living in any non-Western country, I would not have a laptop, a television, a refrigerator, air conditioning, or a car. If I did have any of those, they'd be in shockingly poor shape and probably break by year's end. I'd earn a paltry sum that could barely keep my family from starving. I'd not even have a 'social safety net' because so little of the country has wealth to give anyway.
Read it all...

1 comments:

David said...

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it! I wrote a follow-up article on corporatism that I think you'll like.

DW