Saturday, September 7, 2013

#Angels Owner Arte Moreno Threatens to Abandon Anaheim Stadium, Move Team

I missed these stories earlier this week, at LAT, "Anaheim OKs Angels lease talks amid mention of team's ability to move," and "Angels' owner has means to move team, Anaheim City Council told."

And then reading the sports page today I saw this, "Letters: Where will Arte Moreno go?":
After reading about Arte "I have the means to move the team elsewhere" Moreno and the lease negotiations with the city of Anaheim, it sure makes me glad I'm a Dodgers fan. It would seem the one angle Mr. Moreno has forgotten about is the fans. You know, the ones who give him 3-million-plus attendance every year, while all they've gotten from him is a lousy, overpriced team and lower beer prices 10 years ago.

There once was a time he was an owner to be admired, but now at least when it comes to Angel Red, maybe we are seeing his true colors.

David Parsons
Fontana
Pretty well said, especially the part about the 3 million fans. I've been an Angels fan since I was about 10 years old. Needless to say I'd be bummed if Moreno picked up stakes.

In any case, the City of Anaheim as made a generous offer on a lease agreement, covered in Bill Shaikin's commentary at LAT, "Angels' Arte Moreno could pay off in a big way for city of Anaheim."

Below is your humble blogger before the game earlier this summer, "#Angels Beat #Cardinals in Spectacular 6-5 Walk-Off Win on 4th of July." Here's hoping to many more like that right here in the O.C.

Angel Stadium photo photo-30_zpscf2c77b7.jpg

0 comments: