Friday, July 23, 2010

Shirley Sherrod: 'Andrew Breitbart Would Like to Get Us Stuck Back in the Times of Slavery'

I've seen so many of Shirley Sherrod's interviews that they've sorta blended together, but his sticks out, from Dan Riehl (via Memeorandum):
SHIRLEY SHERROD: I know I've gotten past black versus white. He's probably the person who's never gotten past it and never attempted to get past it.

I think he would like to get us stuck back in the times of slavery. That's where I think he would like to see all black people end up again.

COOPER: You think -- you think he's racist?

SHERROD: ... I think he's so vicious. Yes, I do.

And I think that's why he's so vicious against a black president, you know. He would go after me. I don't think it was even the NAACP he was totally after. I think he was after a black president.

Of course it never was about Shirley Sherrod (or even Obama, in the first instance), but the NAACP, as Breitbart said from the beginning. Thus, as Dan Riehl notes:
Sorry, friends. But when I look below the headlines at the real Shirley Sherrod, as opposed to the fast spun media myth - I think I see her for what she really is. And it's a very clear portrait painted in sharp contrasts between black and white. Far from bringing the races together in America, the Shirley Sherrods of the world accomplish nothing but maintaining any distance, if not actually driving them apart. It's amazing how the conditions for having sainthood bestowed upon oneself have changed over the years.

1 comments:

Dennis said...

Some people would be wise to understand when their 5 minutes of fame are over. If she keeps doing what she has been doing it only sets up conditions where she appears to be something other than what she purports to be. Each comment tears out one of the nails that hold up this "Sherrod."
As the gambler says. "You have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them and know when to walk away." Very hard for people who may not be all that they are reported to be. Shirley one should quit when their ahead.