Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rolling Stone's Misogynistic Hit Piece on Michele Bachmann

Doug Ross has the story, "The new civility: Rolling Stone slanders Michele Bachmann as 'bats*** crazy', with 'testicles swinging under her skirt', a 'political psychopath'."

The Rolling Stone hit piece is here: "Michele Bachmann's Holy War." For example:
Michele Bachmann, when she turns her head toward the cameras and brandishes her pearls and her ageless, unblemished neckline and her perfect suburban orthodontics in an attempt to reassure the unbeliever of her non-threateningness, is one of the scariest sights in the entire American cultural tableau.
Colorfully misogynistic, but typically progressive.

And Tabbai's interviewed by Don Imus. He's a geek. A stupid, childish geek:

1 comments:

Bruce Hall said...

Ms. Bachmann has strong personal conviction... which should be kept personal.

Government officials should stick to two issues: economic policy/legislation and international policy/national defense. Stay away from religion and morality.

I don't need a Geert Wilders telling me that Islam is a danger to the Western world... it tells everyone that it is. If Muslims want to live a certain way in their own homes, that is their business. Just don't have some government official tell me that my rights must be abridged so that I don't offend someone's unsupported beliefs... whether Muslim, Christian, Jewish or whatever. And don't tell me that one group must have special treatment because they declare that they are special and that I must be treated in an inferior manner because I am not part of that group. Hence, I don't want to hear Ms. Bachmann go on and on about basing legislation on her religious beliefs anymore than I would want to hear some Imam say the same things.

Free markets, reduction of government intrusion and regulation, economic responsibility, securing our borders, alliances with nations who support our national interests against those who declare or demonstrate themselves against us. It's really quite straightforward. But politicians like to obfuscate the important with the irrational.

If I agree with a politician on all of the fundamentals and that politicians insists on focusing attention on their personal religious beliefs, I cannot and will not support them. It's a visceral reaction to Elmer Gantry types.