Saturday, February 1, 2014

Israel-Hating Roger Waters Trolls Scarlett Johansson in Facebook Screed

Remember, this is the guy who flies anti-Semitic pig balloons at his concerts.

At the Times of Israel, "Roger Waters rebukes Scarlett Johansson in Facebook post":

 photo pig-e1374776395227-635x357_zpscb8f6707.jpg
Former Pink Floyd front man Roger Waters, one of the more prominent celebrity faces of the boycott Israel movement, says he has contacted Scarlett Johansson “a couple of times” over the A-list actress’s decision to represent an Israeli company that operates in a West Bank settlement.

Last week Johansson announced that she was ending her relationship with the humanitarian organization Oxfam, after the group criticized her decision to sign on as the first global brand ambassador for at-home soda maker SodaStream and star in a Super Bowl ad for the company, which maintains a large factory in Ma’ale Adumim.

In a post to his Facebook page on Saturday, Waters also wrote that he had contacted Neil Young, who is slated to perform in Israel in July.

“In the past days I have written privately to Neil Young (once) and to Scarlett Johanson (a couple of times). Those letters will remain private,” he said. “Sadly, I have received no reply from either. And so I write this note on my Facebook page somewhat in bewilderment. Neil? I shall ponder all of this long and hard. We don’t really know each other, but, you were always one of my heroes, I am confused.”

Waters then went on to evoke a meeting with Johansson, “a year or so ago” at a Cream reunion concert in New York. “She was then, as I recall, fiercely anti Neocon, passionately disgusted by Blackwater (Dick Cheney’s private army in Iraq), you could have been forgiven for thinking that here was a young woman of strength and integrity who believed in truth, human rights, and the law and love. I confess I was somewhat smitten,” he said. “There’s no fool like an old fool.”
More at that top link.

0 comments: