Thursday, February 5, 2015

Brian Williams Lied About Helicopter Being Shot Down in Iraq

I first saw this story yesterday at Legal Insurrection, "Did NBC News Anchor Brian Williams lie about Iraq incident?"

He did indeed.

And the story has become the outage of the day at Memeorandum. Plus an update at LI, "Dan Rather was Brian Williams before Brian Williams became Dan Rather."

I stopped watching both ABC World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News at least a decade ago. Most of ABC's news operation is composed of leftists and former Bill Clinton administration lackeys. I'm holding out hope for the network's new anchor David Muir. My wife likes ABC, so sometimes I'll watch it. I haven't watched Brian Williams since forever. At one time I thought he was going to be a savior of the dying breed, an old-style newsman to rescue a floundering format in the age of cable and the Internet. But not so, it turns out. He's leftist and opines on the air, and gets called out by new media. I can't stand that. And he's openly blustery and pompous. Peter Jennings he's not be a million miles.

In any case, Erik Wemple nails it with this headline and story, "The Brian Williams scandal is an NBC News-wide scandal." (At Memeorandum.)

And Alisyn Camerota reports at CNN, "Williams apologizes for 'bungled attempt' to thank vet."

BONUS: At AoSHQ, "OMG!"

0 comments: