Sunday, August 6, 2017

Ta-Nehisi Coates on 'Confederate'

I don't care one way or the other about HBO's possibly upcoming show, "Confederate." To be honest, I'd probably watch just like I've watched "True Detective" and "Westworld," to say nothing of "Game of Thrones." HBO's shows are the only ones I really like, except "Homeland" on Showtime. Other than that, I mostly watch sports. I quit watching cable news earlier this year, and I rarely watch "CBS This Morning" like I used to. Everything's political and I don't want my whole life to be one big attack on President Trump. I have to teach this stuff for a living.

So, if you've been reading news online this past week or so, you've probably heard about the controversy over "Confederate," which hasn't even been produced yet. But just the fact that David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, the creators of "Game of Thrones," are developing the project sent race-baiting leftist into fits.

In any case, here's "black body" boy, Ta-Nehisi Coates, at the Atlantic, "The Lost Cause Rides Again."

But see Kyle Smith, at National Review, "'Confederate' and the Dunces Who Assume It’s Pro-Slavery."


0 comments: