Friday, July 2, 2010

'Angle of Attack' — From the Steven Givler Collection

From my good friend, Maj. Steven Givler, "New Home for My Paintings."

Photobucket

Lots more fabulous paintings at the link.

And on this holiday weekend I take pride in reposting Steven's e-mail to me from April 4, 2009:

Sir,

Thank you for your blog. I’ve often wondered lately whether my more than 20 years of military service have been devoted to defending a constitution that is no longer recognized by the people who benefit from its protections.

Every once in a while something encourages me to believe that there are still Americans who understand what makes us different from other nations, and who are willing to preserve that difference. Your blog, which I found via RS McCain’s blog, is one of those things.Thanks for the encouragement.

All the best,

Steven

STEVEN A. GIVLER, Maj, USAF
Assistant Air Attache
US EMBASSY Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Steven is now working at a new assignment in Portugal.

Thank you, Steven, for your service.

4 comments:

Bob Belvedere said...

Linked to at:
Steven Givler: Renaissance Man

Steven Givler said...

Thank you Donald! Have a great Independence Day.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks for commenting and linking, Bob!

AmPowerBlog said...

You're welcome, Steven! Thank you!