At The Other McCain, "Polls Continue to Show Trend Toward Romney — Nate Silver Notwithstanding":
Excuse me for my continued attention to Nate’s graveyard-whistling, but no matter how clear the evidence of a pro-Romney trend, the Grand Swami at the New York Times won’t stop. He’s now raised the likelihood of Obama’s re-election to 71.0%. (The one-tenth of a percentage point being necessary to the pretense of scientific exactitude.)You can say that again. More at the link.
Is Nate Silver hustling an insider-trading scam with InTrade? Or is he merely acting as an Obama pompom girl? Either way, the poll-watcher at the nation’s most influential newspaper cannot be unaware of how his coverage functions to shape elite opinion, which is in turn reflected in other media coverage that then influences mass opinion, and believing that Nate Silver is acting as an honest neutral broker in this transaction requires a faith in human goodness that I lack.
Plus, linked at The Other McCain, Ted Frank at Point of Law, "2012 election: why Nate Silver and FiveThirtyEight.com might be wrong and Romney might be doing better than Silver thinks."
And Erin Burnett gives Silver the "Grand Swami" treatment at CNN, "'Romney no longer gaining ground in polls," says Nate Silver'."
* "Obama Crashing in Ohio; or, For the Love of Mercy, Leave Nate Silver Alone!"
* "Nate Silver Calls It: Advantage Obama!"
* "Nate Silver's Flawed Model."
* "Boom! Romney Back Up 52-45 in Gallup's Daily Tracking of Likely Voters."
* "ABC News Touts Nate Silver's Prediction That Obama's Handicapped at 68 Percent Chance to Win!"
* "'It's becoming increasingly obvious that Silver can't be taken seriously...'"
* "Nate Silver Blows Gasket as Gallup Shows Romney Pulling Away in the Presidential Horse Race."