Thursday, June 9, 2016

Roger Scruton, Fools, Frauds and Firebrands

I mentioned Scruton's new book previously.

It came by mail today.

See, Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left.

My son "graduated" from middle school today. We attended the promotion ceremony this morning. It was pretty awesome, actually. Especially the pledge of allegiance on the blacktop basketball court, with probably 1,500 people all reciting the pledge together. That felt good. It really did, especially given the nature of the times. I felt for a moment that the old, great patriotic outpouring for the America of our classic political culture was a blast from the past. I felt perhaps focusing on politics so much all the time makes one miss (under-appreciate) those times when we all share out national identity together, in this case while experiencing the joy of our young ones reaching a milestone in life.

It made me feel good.

In any case, the Scruton book's awesome.

I'll have more on it later.

Roger Scruton photo fools-frauds-and-firebrands_zpsdqui8dq5.jpg

0 comments: