Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reader Mail: 'Thank You For Your Defense of Freedom'

My good friend Norman Gersman sent two e-mails recently:

Donald ...

I can't thank you enough for your defense of freedom and democracy in Israel.

Norm Gersman

*****
Donald ...

I enjoyed the pictures of Laguna Beach. Someday you'll have to try a bottle of Ithaca Pale Ale ... some great stuff from upstate NY. We had an amazing thing happen here in Great Neck about two weeks ago. A small thunderstorm approached the north shore of LI and when it hit Great Neck it turned into a "microburst" or a tornado. A wind shear knocked hundreds of trees over damaging homes and cars. No one got hurt. We lost electricity for days. Line crews had to come from upstate. Amazingly, just 3/4 of a mile away there is not one leaf out of place. Anyway, here is a couple of shots: one of my street just after the storm, and one of my buddy Jay in my backyard. By the way, the storm lasted a big five minutes and my backyard does not usually look like that ... you should see what was behind me.

Have a great day,

Norm
Photobucket

Recall that Norm is a former guest-blogger at American Power: "Obama Must Recognize Evil."

*****

And a hearty thanks to all of my readers. Traffic has been great and the feedback fabulous!


0 comments: