Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Malfunctioning Lamp Blamed for Darcy Burner House Fire

Democratic congressional candidate Darcy Burner, the author of the netroots-backed "Responsible Plan to End the War in Iraq," lost her home yesterday to a devastating house-fire.

Darcy Burner

According to the Issaquah Reporter, the fire was the result of a defective lamp in Burner's son's room:

Investigators said the fire that destroyed the Ames Lake home of Eighth Congressional District candidate Darcy Burner was caused by a malfunctioning electrical device, according to Sgt. John Urquhart of the King County Sheriff's Office.

"It was determined accidental," Urquhart said. "It was not arson. They will do some tests on the device to see exactly what happened."

Burner said it was caused by a "faulty lamp in my son's room."

The fire broke out sometime between 7 and 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 1 while Burner, her husband and their 5-year-old son were asleep. All three were able to escape from the flaming house, which is located on the 3600 block of West Ames Lake Road between Redmond and Carnation.

"Unfortunately, our home and all of the possessions in it are a total loss," Burner said. "But I am so grateful that my family and I escaped safely."
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Burner family.

I first read about the story yesterday, and I wondered about the cause of the fire. It turns out that
some on the far left had a theory on the fire's origins:

Which of the right wing f**kheads did this and will there be justice? I knew the righties would resort to this s**t. It’s all they have - it’s all they can do. They can’t win with ideas so they try to win with intimidation! Come to my house bitches and you’ll find it tougher to burn down.

We need to start a reward fund that leads to putting the right wing prick in jail.
I cannot imagine anyone doing such at terrible thing, although I know such evil exists.

What doesn't surprise me is how lefties would use the Burner tragedy to once again score cheap attacks on conservatives.

For more, see "
On Death and Decency: The Absence of Divine Soul on the Contemporary Left."

(Note: Burner will continue her congressional campaign: "Malfunctioning Lamp Caused Burner House Fire.")

0 comments: