Tuesday, September 7, 2010

'I Am Tired of Being Told That We Need to Sensitive to the Muslim Culture'

That's Just-a-Grunt, at JammieWearingFool, on the controversy surrounding the planned Koran burnings. And I agree, although there's something about burning the Islamic holy book that doesn't feel quite right. Burning books doesn't feel quite right, come to think of it. That said, I doubt General David Petraeus made a wise decision to wade into the debate on the alleged "anti-Muslim backlash." And I seriously doubt that burning the Koran is going to make that much difference in the level of insurgent recruitment, etc. Americans are being targeted, and jihadis are joining, just for Americans being Americans. Perhaps Koran-burnings do inflame Muslim passions and fuel anti-American violence. What's more likely is that Koran-burnings fuel the leftist Media-Industrial-Complex in its journalistic jihad against the American right. See ABC News, for example, "Anti-Islam Rhetoric Heats Up Ahead of 9/11: Muslim Groups Prepare for Wave of Anti-Islamic Sentiment as Ninth Anniversary of 9/11 Terrorist Attacks Approach."

After reading this stuff, I'm more likely to side with Just-a-Grunt when push comes to shove. The media proves the point. We are caving to PC sensibilities, and THAT's what's going get everyone killed in the end. Not a few ignorant pastors in Florida. More at Bare Naked Islam, "
Muslims show absolutely no concern for non-Muslim sensitivities. Why should we respect theirs?"

9/11


1 comments:

Dave said...

There may have been a time about a decade ago when I might have thought burning Qur'ans may have been way over the top, but not so much anymore.

Here was my NB post on this very subject earlier today:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2010/09/07/cnns-chetry-koran-burning-pastor-youll-have-blood-your-hands#comment-1331801

I'm sorry, but I just don't really care if this bunch of 7th Century cave dwellers is offended by this.

Every last one of these camel-washing primitives wants me either converted, enslaved, or dead, as well as my country destroyed.

Fuck them, as well as the sheep they fornicate with.

Oh, and what the hell, I'll throw this in here, too:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2010/09/06/npr-compares-palin-gingrich-historic-anti-semites-sympathizes-former-cai#comment-1331491

Sorry, but I no-longer have the time, nor the intellectual patience, to retype stuff ad nauseum.

-Dave