Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greta Van Susteren's Interview with Former President George W. Bush

I'm wading my way through President Bush's memoirs, Decision Points. I know many conservatives lost faith in Bush, especially for the dramatic expansion of government during the administration. Michelle had the best post on this, "Bush Nostalgia: Let's Not Get Carried Away, OK?" I don't disagree with Michelle, although I'd add that while I'm not thrilled with the GOP's leadership in the runaway growth of government, GWB's moral leadership is his saving grace, and will never be forgotten in my case. Frankly, I came of age ideologically during the Bush years. Late bloomer, I guess, but this has been personally monumental. I've spoken so many times on my disgust with the left, and much of it had to do with the extreme toxicity of BDS. And that continues, as told by Doug Powers: "Left Greeting Bookstore Release of Bush’s ‘Decision Points’ With Level of Maturity You Might Expect."

In any case, President Bush is done with his network news interviews and has taken to Fox to finish out the book promotions. I envy Greta. I think meeting and talking with President Bush would be a real highlight. RELATED: From Kill Truck, at POWIP, "Decision Points: Quitting."



0 comments: