Sunday, June 9, 2013

Glenn Greenwald on 'This Week with George Stephanopoulos'

I've been finishing up my semester grading today, but following news developments on Twitter.

The Guardian broke the story of the NSA leaker, as readers are no doubt aware, "Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations." (At Memeorandum.)

At the clip below, the interview was apparently taped before the Snowden story went live, or thereabouts, because Greenwald doesn't discuss the leaker, and in fact implies that there are others.

I'll have more on this. There's a big split between the hardline civil libertarians and the national security hawks. And the ideological lines are blurring in a lot of interesting ways. I lean more toward the Wall Street Journal position I cited the other day, although it's the piling on of Obama administration scandals, along with the hypocrisy, that's my issue with all of this. And frankly, I just can't stand this president and enjoy watching him squirm. Screw 'em.

0 comments: