Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tuesday Lunch at Ruby's

I took my boys out to lunch yesterday at Ruby's Diner in Costa Mesa.

We had to run a quick errand first, though, getting some paperwork signed at the doctor's office. Look carefully below. My boys are heading into the new medical building. I love the flags (and I appreciate them so much more knowing that so many leftists don't):

June 2010

Ruby's is a SoCal 40's-style chain of diners. We visited the restaurant at South Coast Plaza's Crystal Court. It was mid-afternoon, about 2:30pm or so, and uncrowded:

Photobucket

The view from our table. That's Bristol Street out the window. A walk-bridge connects the main mall at SCP to the Crystal Court facility to the west:

Photobucket

Kids can play with the toy folding-box cars, this one a Chevy Bel-Air:

Photobucket

The restaurant wasn't empty. People are seated in a windowed section close to the entrance:

Photobucket

My copy of The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle over God, Truth, and Power. I never go anywhere without a book:

June 2010

The waiter brings our vanilla shakes:

Photobucket

This is my oldest son's bacon cheeseburger (I had BLT&A):

Photobucket

That's me, Dr. D. ---- publisher of American Power! Behind me, notice how the Art-Deco styling comes out in this shot. Look at the clock and the stools at the lunch-counter:

Photobucket

We stopped into the Apple store on the way back to the car. You'd never know we're just coming out of recession from the looks of it --- it's always packed:

Photobucket


0 comments: