Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New York Broome County Clerk Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage Law

She's probably had it up to here with the rim station freaks.

See New York Daily News, "N.Y. clerk Laura Fortusky resigns in protest of gay marriage; refused to sign same-sex licenses." Also at New Yorker's Family Research Foundation, "Barker Town Clerk Resigns, Rather Than Compromise Convictions."

And Forutsky's resignation letter is at New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms, "First Town Clerk Announces Resignation in Light of Gay 'Marriage' Legislation":
“The Bible clearly teaches that God created marriage between male and female as a divine gift that preserves families and cultures. Since I love and follow Him, I cannot put my signature on something that is against God. Deuteronomy 10:12 says, ‘…What does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good.’”

“I would be compromising my moral conscience if I participated in the licensing procedure. Therefore, I will be resigning as of July 21. I wanted you to know my position as I understand the marriage law goes into effect on July 24.”

Also at New York Times: "Settled in Albany, Gay Marriage Draws Opposition."

8 comments:

JBW said...

Smart move during a recession. Maybe she can get a job working for the bible.

AmPowerBlog said...

JBW = THE BIGGEST LOSER.

I thought you were "bored."

JBW said...

How could I ever get bored reading scintillating and witty commentary like you calling people you disagree with politically "losers", Don? It's not like I can click through just any ignorant douchebag's blog and find that level of intellectual acumen.

Oh wait, I guess I can. So yeah, you do still bore me but occassionaly you entertain me as well. It's like when rednecks watch cars repetitively drive around in a circle: every once in a while you get to see a spectacular crash (albeit with less capitalization and equal signs than you yourself are prone to).

Keep fucking that Sasquatch, amigo. How's the diet coming along?

AmPowerBlog said...

Don't change, JBW = LOSER!!

YOU LOVE ME!! YOU REALLY LOVE ME!!!

Sorry, I'm not homo.

JBW said...

Sorry, I'm not homo.

That why you shaved the beard? Too bearish? Insecurities are a bitch, huh?

Cheers, Tubbs.

AmPowerBlog said...

Insecurities. Well, you'd know something about that, no doubt.

The beard? My wife didn't like it. Unlike you, I have a woman who loves me. Now go snort some coke and get your fill of powder courage, loser.

JBW said...

Unlike you, I have a woman who loves me.

That's OK, I have women who love coke, and thus love me for providing it. An added benefit is that this excludes fat chicks from my bed and I don't have to shave when a woman tells me to.

Grow the beard back chief, it looks better than your jowls. *snoooooort* Ahh... Powder Courage Man, away!!!

AmPowerBlog said...

Hey good one, JBW.

And yeah, I believe you. I'll bet the hotties are just pounding your door down, LOL!!