Friday, May 16, 2014

The Leaked New York Times Innovation Report is One of the Key Documents of This Media Age

Well, I thought it was pretty significant myself when I read about it yesterday at BuzzFeed, "Exclusive: New York Times Internal Report Painted Dire Digital Picture." (Funny, too, how I came across it via BuzzFeed's app on my iPhone.)

So now here's this at Nieman Journalism Lab:
We don’t typically write about intra-newsroom politics at Nieman Lab, leaving that to Manhattan’s very capable cadre of media reporters. But Abramson’s removal and Dean Baquet’s ascent has apparently inspired someone inside the Times to leak one of the most remarkable documents I’ve seen in my years running the Lab, to Myles Tanzer at BuzzFeed. It’s the full report of the newsroom innovation team that was given six full months to ask big questions about the Times’ digital strategy. (A summary version of it was leaked last week, but this is the big kahuna.)
Keep reading.

And read the "innovation report" here.

RELATED: At Instapundit, "MORE UGLINESS AT THE NEW YORK TIMES: Was Sexism Behind Jill Abramson’s Firing?"

And at Althouse:
I feel pushed to talk about pushiness. And I feel irked to accept Jill Abramson as the face of the topic of The Problem of Female Leadership. I don’t particularly like her, and I suspect she did not do a good job for The New York Times, and they had every reason to oust her.


0 comments: